The C-BORD Consortium is pleased to invite you to their Final Public Workshop to be held on 9th October, 2018, at the Postillion Convention Centre WTC in Rotterdam.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
Please confirm your participation on the Community Management Tool (CMT):
- Register to the CMT (follow this link and include your first name and last name for the field “display name”)
- Join the group “C-BORD Community”
- Once you are logged in to the CMT, you can register to the workshop: https://cmt.eurtd.com/events/event/view/115559/c-bord-final-public-workshop
This exciting event represents the culmination of three and a half years of research, development and testing by the C-BORD Consortium of partners.
C-BORD has developed and tested a modular system of new and enhanced technologies for the Non-Intrusive Inspection (NII) of cargo containers adaptable to different types of border checkpoints and with a single user interface for Customs decision-making.
Prototypes for enhanced X-ray imaging and passive radiation detection have been developed, as well as for new technologies not yet available for large-volume cargo inspection: Evaporation Based Detection, Tagged Neutron Inspection, and Photo-fission.
A common user interface, based on the X-ray image, has been designed, in which the inspection results from the devices can be viewed by the Customs analyst.
The main objective of C-BORD is to demonstrate that the complementary technologies used in combination can provide more complete information to the customs analyst, thus reducing false alarm rates and the unnecessary opening of containers.
- Keynote speakers situate the research in the larger security and operational context
- Achievements with the first and second line inspection devices developed
- Field test findings from Customs practitioners in Hungary, Poland and The Netherlands for the Mobile and Rapidly Relocatable Checkpoints and Fully Automated Seaport use cases
- Data display for analyst decision, generic inspection workflow and simulation model
- Standards & policy recommendations: next steps towards commercialisation
- Exhibition of equipment, videos, and scientific posters
- Networking dinner with informal panel discussions on related themes
Location: Postillion Convention Centre WTC, Rotterdam city centre
Date and time: 9th October 2018 8:30-17:00: Conference and exhibition followed by networking dinner 18:30-22:30.
Event Organisation email@example.com
C-BORD is a 42-month research project which started in June 2015. The 11.8m€ project is funded by the European Union within the Horizon 2020 Programme under Grant Agreement 653323. The Consortium comprises 18 partners.